Nordiq Canada (NC) represents Canada's cross-country skiing community. It is the national sport governing body for cross-country skiing, recognized as such by Sport Canada, the Canadian Olympic Committee, the Canadian Paralympic Committee, and Own the Podium. CCC delivers a range of world-class development programs for Canadians of all ages that are designed to both grow the sport and produce winning results.
A SPORT FOR LIFE
- Cross-country skiing is universally acknowledged as one of the best all-around activities for health and fitness.
- It offers something for everyone, incorporating a spectrum of skill and intensity levels from recreation to the most demanding of high performance sports.
- To optimize the experience of each participant, whatever their age or level of interest, CCC's programs are guided by an athlete development model designed on the most advanced sport-science principles.
Why Start A Club?
- To share your passion, skills, and expertise for cross-country skiing with other motivated skiers.
- Help your community to embrace winter.
- Provide a healthy development activity to local youth.
- Develop a local passion, pride, and sense of community.
- Leave a legacy in your community.
BENEFITS OF SKIING
- Full body workout, which improves endurance, balance, and coordination.
- Rhythmical activity which nurtures the mind and brings about relaxation and stress relief.
- Social activity which connects you to a community of health and fitness conscious people.