Trails & Facilities
- 07/02/2019: DUE TO THE CURRENT DIFFICULTIES WITH CLUB CAPACITY, WE HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO GROOM THE TRAILS. PLEASE USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
There are 8+ kilometres of trails used by the Inuvik Ski Club. Trails are maintained by a team of volunteer groomers.
- Please take a trail map with you, as there are some locations where snowmobile trails merge with our ski trails.
- Trails are maintained by a team of volunteer groomers. The club has various grooming equipment including chain drags, a track-setter, and a skate-groomer.
- Grooming clinics are held to train grooming and maintenance volunteers in the preparation of classic and skate ski trails. For grooming advice, see the Ski Trail Grooming Guide prepared by the NWT Recreation & Parks Association.
- Birch Loop is available to those who like to ski with their canine companions. Dogs are permitted on the Birch Loop and on the trail to the culvert. Turn left immediately after the culvert to get to the Birch Loop. Please ensure that your dog is under control and not interfering with the pleasure of other users, and of course please clean up your dog’s droppings. We ask that people avoid skiing on the trails with their dogs during the week prior to the club’s special events.
Chalet, Stadium, Jackrabbit HillPhoto: Eighty One Images
Cook's Climb in MayPhoto: Holly Jones
Red Trail to Bypass CulvertPhoto: Eighty One Images
Red Trail, Return LoopPhoto: Holly Jones
The ISC Chalet is located at the head of the green trail, on Gwich’in Road, next to the Jackrabbit Hill. The Chalet is a cozy place to change your boots, meet friends, and have a snack.
- The Inuvik Ski Club chalet is open to all Members and their short-term guests. Members can obtain the access code to the building with membership fees.
- The chalet is heated but has no running water or toilet facilities. The nearest rest rooms are located at the Midnight Sun Recreation Centre across Gwich’in Road from the ski hut.
- A limited number of lockers are available for Members to store their skis, and are available for rent at $20 per season (Oct 1st – June 1st).
- The chalet also has ski waxing benches, waxing irons and a selection of waxes available to Members.
Seating & Rental Room
Lockers for Members
- In 2016, Bullfrog partnered with the Arctic Energy Alliance to install a 5 kW solar installation on the roof of the ski club’s maintenance building, which is generates enough clean energy to match the building’s annual winter energy consumption.
We'd like to pay tribute to some of the great skiers from the Beaufort Delta/NWT by renaming some ski trails and features. Use the form below to pick your favourite names or submit your own name ideas for uphills, downhills, and turns on the ski trails!